Heavy equipment is a general term that refers to any vehicle designed for heavy-duty work. The most common types would include earth-moving machinery and construction vehicles like forklifts or graders. Heavy equipment frequently needs to be moved between locations to meet project demands. We are experts at moving heavy haul equipment to and from the North Slope for the Oil & Gas, and Mining Industries here in Alaska.
Let’s go over some of the basics of heavy haul trucking.
Preparing Heavy Equipment for Moving
Heavy equipment transportation can be a difficult and dangerous process if not done properly. To ensure the safety of your workers and to avoid any potential accidents, it is important to take some necessary precautions before transporting heavy equipment.
Clean the equipment thoroughly before loading. This helps to minimize dirt, gravel, and other debris from breaking loose during transportation.
Securing and Moving Heavy Equipment
We won’t get into the minute details of how heavy equipment should be secured to a vehicle transporting it, but there are some basic guidelines:
- Evenly distribute weight on the trailer.
- Use heavy-duty straps or chains to bind the equipment in place.
- Engage all locks before transport to make sure equipment can’t move.
Follow Laws and State Guidelines
Every state has different protocols that must be followed when hauling heavy materials. Alaska has unique guidelines that include approved lighting plans and how to operate during the hours of darkness. For additional information, the state of Alaska provides a full guide for heavy haulers.
You Don’t Have to Do It Yourself
Carlile has the expertise, equipment, and skills to get the job done. We specialize in transporting super-long, super-wide, and super heavy materials to and from Alaska and the Lower 48. We deploy a team of heavy haul trucking and project logistics professionals to deliver superior levels of services from start to finish.
- The largest variety of trailers for trucking or shipping in Alaska
- Ability to custom-fabricate equipment for unique moves
- Heavy haul trucking to and from North Slope, Alaska
- On-off dock service in Tacoma, Washington
- Rail load and rail offload capability for heavy haul loads
- Expert project logistics planning
- Competitive rates
- More than 40 years of experience regarding heavy haul trucking and shipping in Alaska
Carlile Transportation has the right tools and vehicles for any job, no matter how large or heavy.
The shipping experts at Carlile know how to move heavy loads whenever the situation demands it. As a leading provider of cargo transport in Alaska, Carlile Transportation, gets your goods where they need to be. Contact us today.