Alaska 2020 DOT Weight Restrictions
Please be advised of the following seasonal Alaska DOT weight restrictions in effect as of Monday, March 30th, 2020.
As these are subject to change please reference the AK DOT website for specifics and general updates: http://www.dot.state.ak.us/
Alaska Department of Transportation issued notice as follows:
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND PUBLIC FACILITIES
SEASONAL DOT WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS
Issue Date: March 25, 2020
DOT weight restrictions are stated as a percentage of legal allowable weight and shall be applied to the maximum axle loading of 17 AAC 25.013(e).
- The Central Region boundaries extend from Homer on the Sterling Highway and Seward on the Seward Highway to Mile 118 on the Glenn Highway and Mile 163 on the Parks Highway.
- The Dillingham and Bethel road systems are also included within the Central Region.
AREA-WIDE DOT WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS
Effective Monday, March 30 at 8:00 A.M. The following State maintained roads are restricted to the following:
- All State maintained roads in the Anchorage, Eagle River, and Girdwood areas (south of the Eklutna Interchange and north of Portage Glacier Highway – 100% (No overloads)
- All State maintained roads in the Kenai Peninsula area (south of Portage Glacier Highway) – 100% (No overloads)
- All State maintained gravel roads in the Kenai Peninsula area (south of Portage Glacier Highway) – 75%
- All State maintained roads in the Matanuska-Susitna area (south of Parks Hwy MP 163 / south of Glenn Hwy MP 118 and north of the Eklutna Interchange) – 100% (No overloads).
Additional restrictions and modifications will be imposed as necessary.
- Authorized DOT weight restrictions will only be posted on the DOT&PF Division of Measurement and Standards and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement (MSCVE) webpage.
- DOT Weight Restrictions posted on 511 or any other posting are for information only.
- The most recent published public notice will supersede any conflicting information from other sources. Public Notices can be found at: http://www.dot.alaska.govclick on “Measures & Commercial Vehicles” then under the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement tab click on “Weight Restrictions” go to the middle of the page and click on “Central Region” then open the most recent Central Region listing.
The Department of Public Safety and the DOT/PF Division of Measurement and Standards and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement will be enforcing these restrictions.
Issued By: Greg Patz, Manager, Central Region Maintenance and Operations,
Our Alaskan Shipping Terminals
We have 9 terminal locations for shipping including Alaska, Minnesota, Washington, and Texas. Whether you are shipping cargo or freight from Florida to Kodiak, Carlile’s Alaskan shipping services can help your package arrive safely at its destination.
For 40 Years, Carlile has been working hard at connecting Alaska to the world. Our Customer Service team is available to provide friendly, professional shipping logistics, expertise, and support. If you have questions or concerns about the DOT Weight Restrictions, please contact our customer services representatives.
We take pride in our customer service. If you have questions, concerns, or need assistance, contact Customer Service: CustomerService@carlile.biz